Gil Lavi asked:
Sometimes youâ€™re probably having these bad days – committing too many turnovers, coach is yelling at you, telling you that youâ€™ve made bad decisions while all you want is to improve your game. Want to avoid these situations and dramatically improve your performance? â€“ Read the following tip carefully.
Making the Right Decisions
Making the right decisions on a basketball game is one of the most important aspects a player must consider. It doesnâ€™t matter if a player runs faster or jumps higher than any one else on court, if he turns the ball too often he will simply end up sitting on the bench.
Take Steve Nash for example, he is not taller or faster than other talented NBA players, yet, he was selected the NBA MVPâ€¦ The secret is all about decision making skills.
Basketball tips to remember about decision making skills:
(1) An athletic ability is great â€“ it will definitely give you the opportunity to play, however smart decision making skills will keep you on the court.
(2) While your team is on the offense, coach expects you to read the game and identify opportunities to take shots. All that, while you listen to his or hersâ€™ instructions.
(3) Smart basketball players are those who think fast and quickly analyze the game, in order to find these opportunities that will enable them make the right decisions.
Want to Improve your Decision Making Skills?
Well, dribbling is easy for you as is following coachesâ€™ instructions. Now, following coachesâ€™ instructions from the bench while dribbling isnâ€™t that easy.
Here is one of the best basketball tips that will improve your decision making skills on court:
Start by dribbling up and down the court; try to mix it up with between your legs or behind your back etc. While doing so, do the following:
(1) Spell the A-B-C, not that difficult. Don’t stop dribbling.
(2) Spell the A-B-C backwards Z-Y-X. Now itâ€™s not that easy…
(3) When you master this drill, add your first name, age, phone no. etc. – everything backwards.
This exercise will help you think while you execute other basketball tasks. It will help you to perform better on the court.