Sumtotal Systems asked:
SumTotalÂ® Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMT), a global provider of talent and learning management solutions, has launched ResultsOnDemand â€“ Performance for HR professionals who want to rapidly deploy software that either builds or manages systems for employee performance and compensation.
â€œWhether youâ€™re looking to automate performance appraisals for the first time or apply technology to inspire the way you currently assess your talent, ResultsOnDemand provides an easy-to-use, intuitive interface for employees and employers,â€ said Jon Ciampi, SumTotalâ€™s vice president and general manager for OnDemand Solutions. â€œResultsOnDemand offers HR pros a way to manage employee appraisals, goals, succession planning and compensation.â€
As reported by IDC in research titled â€œWorldwide Workforce Performance Management 2007 â€“ 2011 Forecast,â€ 59 percent of respondents to a survey about performance management processes noted that they either rely on a paper-based system for things like succession planning and employee appraisals or have no system in place at all.
â€œClearly, many HR pros have the need for a better way to do business,â€ said Ciampi. â€œSo weâ€™ve introduced a product with performance appraisal workflows that mirror the best practices of hundreds of employers.â€
ResultsOnDemand â€“ Performance is SumTotalâ€™s software-as-a-service (SaaS) model for analyzing performance over the Internet. SumTotalâ€™s rapid-deployment performance product includes:
– a module that gives employers web-based performance appraisals that turn annual reviews into a quick-and-easy daily â€“ or weekly â€“ activity,
– goals management with a cascading structure that shows how an employeeâ€™s aims marry up with an employerâ€™s business objectives,
– tools for allowing peers, supervisors and direct reports to offer feedback on someoneâ€™s performance,
– systems for evaluating talent pools and paths for succession planning,
– a module for managing pay, including merit increases and bonuses, and
– a sophisticated synchronization technology, which users tap to access the system either on-line or off-line.
â€œResultsOnDemand can quickly become the foundation for an HR team that wants to put in place a process for managing employee performance, or itâ€™s flexible enough to map to the way an organization already evaluates employee performance,â€ said Ciampi. â€œEither way, this new SaaS offering spells two things: first, speedy implementations and second, continuously applied enhancements, instead of periodically applied improvements over a long release cycle.â€