Aaron Lee asked:
Top 10 characters of a successful leader
If you are thinking about starting a business, or you are already a business owner, self-development is, I think, a key factor for your business. If you are a successful man or woman, your business will be successful as well since it’s under your capable hands. Leadership plays an important role in one’s life. If you are a business owner you need to be a leader in the field of your business. To be a successful leader, one must demonstrates some or all of the following characteristics:
1. The ability to listen: Most leaders do too much talking but not enough listening. Feedbacks to your company’s services or products are important to you as they demonstrate the customers’ needs.
2. The ability to acknowledge and change: This is probably the hardest part to do. People often refuse to change. They believe their services or products are the best, which, there’s nothing wrong with that. But when there are feedbacks coming from customers you have to listen, then acknowledge them and make changes to provide better customer service
3. The ability to form one-on-one relationships: People will need to be able to reach you. If you are just starting a business it’s especially important for you to be able to spend some time to get to know your customers, and/or employees. If you do that, over time, you will develop a strong trust between you and your customers.
4. Successful people make sure they surround themselves with like-minded people. I’m not saying millionaires should just ignore the poor. But you need to spend time to communicate with like-minded people. You cannot survive by yourself, and by interacting with others you can motivate others or give others a chance to motivate you
5. The ability to know yourself: It is very important to know what you’re best at, and what are your weaknesses. A business is a team sport. Often one cannot handle all the aspects of a business. You need to know when to seek for assistance. There’s no shame on that.
6. Successful people refuse to let other people dictate how they should do certain things. We are not living under someone else’s shadow. We must take control and ownership of our lives and careers and never let go.
7. The ability to communicate: Communication is important. Even if you are running a home online business and you use email as a communication channel. Down the road, you might want to do a video to promote your company. You might receive TV interviews. It’s never too late to practice your presentation and communication skills.
8. Successful people display high levels of optimism and confidence. They believe in themselves and they are not afraid of failures. They see every obstacle as a stepping-stone to their success. They turn challenges into motivators and become their advantages.
9. People who are successful are the ones who are passionate at what they do.
10. People who are successful are the ones who develop high levels of patience and dedication to see the results.